Forest Area School District has set the registration dates for students entering Pre-K and Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year.
Pre K and new Kindergarten registration will be held at East Forest on Thursday, March 24th, 2022 and at West Forest on Tuesday, March 29, 2022. Please call the school before March 18, 2022 to schedule a registration time slot. Children who already attend Pre K in Forest Area will be transferred to Kindergarten through their current program. Parents of children registering for Kindergarten, who are not currently enrolled in East Forest or West Forest, will need to call the school to register.
East Forest: 814-927-6688
West Forest: 814-755-3302
- Children must be 4 years old by August 30, 2022 to enter Pre-K
- Children must be 5 years old by August 30, 2022 to enter Kindergarten unless they have already completed Pre-K in the 2021-2022 school year
- Children must reside in Forest County, President Township in Venango County, or Millstone Township in Elk County
What to bring to registration:
Parents or guardians must bring a birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residency on their scheduled school visit. In addition, proof of income (W2, pay stub, etc.) will allow us to apply for Pre K Counts funding that will provide additional materials and services for your child’s classroom. Please expect to be at the school for approximately an hour to complete your child’s registration. During this time, you will fill out paperwork, complete basic screenings, meet the teacher/principal, and take a tour of the classroom.
The Pre-K Program is a Free, No Cost Program
The Program includes:
- Kindergarten Readiness
- Early Intervention Services Available
- Transportation Provided
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Warm and Nurturing Environment