Forest Area School District
Forest Area School District is a small, rural district located in northwestern Pennsylvania encompassing all of Forest County as well as the townships of Millstone in Elk County and President in Venango County. The district is 501 square miles in size and services approximately 420 students, pre-kindergarten through grade 12. There are currently two school buildings: East Forest Elementary/Secondary School (PK to 12) located in Marienville and West Forest Elementary/Secondary School (PK to 12) located in Hickory Township.
The Board of School Directors of the Forest Area School District, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, establishes policies, rules and procedures for the governance of the Board and for the safe and orderly operation of the school district. The Board is committed to making decisions that are in the best interest of Forest Area students.
Forest Area School District creates a foundation for life-long learners who are prepared to excel in a diverse world. PREPARE TO EXCEL!
The district recognizes that:
- All students have the potential to be contributing citizens through their achievements and will instill positive behaviors which encourage respect for self and others.
- All actions will instill a collaborative attitude among students, faculty, and staff focused on engaging family and the community in reaching the highest levels of success for students.
- Our schools will be a safe, welcoming and productive environment.
- In order to maximize learning potential, individual and diverse learning approaches will be utilized.
Through collaboration with the community, the Forest Area School District envisions a future for our students that:
- Embraces a diverse, rigorous, and dynamic curriculum which empowers students to undertake learning risks and utilizes technological advancements;
- Develops effective thinkers, problem solvers and communicators prepared for global success who are able to adapt to life’s challenges as they come;
- Recognizes the unique nature and individual abilities of each child and fosters a learning culture that boosts confidence within each child; and
- Empowers students in becoming environmentally aware and civically responsible members of society.
- The District will devote itself to bringing this vision to life.
2021-2022 School Year Calendars
Professional Staff Positions will be posted on the Forest Area School District website as they become available. Please note that many state and criminal clearance forms are available as Internet downloads. Contact the Forest Area School District Central Office (814.755.4491) to pick up an application package.
The following forms are needed to provide a complete application:
- Tuberculosis Test Results
- FASD Availability Questionnaire
- Act 34 Criminal Record Check
- Act 151 Child Abuse History Clearance
- Act 114 Federal Criminal History Record
- Copy of the PA Teaching Certificate
Substituting in FASD
The Forest Area School District partners with Kelly Educational Staffing (KES), a leading provider of substitutes to school districts across the U.S. KES manages our substitute teacher program, as well as our substitute support staff. A trusted partner to over 7,000 schools nationwide, KES substitutes provide learning continuity in the classroom when permanent teachers are absent.
KES prepares their substitute educators, and support personnel to succeed by offering access to highly respected training and professional learning programs. If you are interested in becoming a KES substitute teacher, aide, secretary, custodian, or nurse in the Forest Area School District, we invite you to apply by calling KES at 412.206.0544 or emailing email@example.com.