The Student Historians is a voluntary , student led/adviser facilitated extracurricular group activity designed to enhance the existing curriculum in Social Studies in the Forest Area School District by exposing students to tangible historical landmarks important in the making and growth of the United States, and to expand the students cultural experience by first hand exposure to diversity which abounds throughout the United States by virtue of our immigrant heritage.
1. To provide students with an opportunity to visit historic locations throughout the local area, Pennsylvania, and the United States.
2. Educate visitors and parents about local, state, and national history and the places we have visited.
3. Expand our knowledge and understanding of local, state, and American History through field trips to important historical sites.
4. To promote research skills, and the preparation of reports.
5. To promote patriotism and pride in America
6. To promote cultural awareness